Simple Ideas to add to your Altar for Ostara


During this time of the year, life can become especially busy and our craft may get neglected. But, due to Ostara coming up, you may still want to decorate your Altar. Whether you want some last minute ideas or items that won't break the bank, I am here to provide you with simple ideas todecorate your Ostara altar. 
The Dollar Store
Never underestimate the usefulness of your local dollar store. They usually sell little decorations that cater for the current holiday and are always cheap! All of the items in the picture came out to be a little over 10$ and they really spruced up my altar. 

DIY projects 

For the nest, I was able to collect some Spanish moss and twigs and use spray glue to form this bird nest. For a more detailed tutorial on how to create this bird nest click this here. 

After I made the nest I painted the eggs from the dollar store with gold acrylic paint a sea sponge. All I did was dab the sponge in the paint and then dab it along the egg. Since it is acrylic paint I had to let it dry and apply layers. I really like the way the eggs turned out and I feel like it gave them a nice texture. This was my inspiration: 

These costed 15$ at Joann's versus the 1$ I spent on the eggs at the dollar store. And then using a little bit of acrylic paint that costed 50 cents. 
As with any sabbath, nature is a great resource for decorating your alter. Flowers are starting to bloom, so maybe add some fresh pickings to your altar. I also have a branch with pine cones all over that has been on my altar for years. A leaf from a fern and green moss can be nice natural additions to add to your ostara altar. Greens and pastel colors are important and these colors can be easily found in nature. 

Thanks for reading my post and happy decorating!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spell to Make Something Go Smoothly

6 Ways to Incorporate Witchcraft into your Morning Routine

Beginner Herbs for your Witchy Garden